IF their was a PVE server I would... (POLL)

Ask questions, share strategies, post experiences. Talk about Arder.

If there was a PvE server, I would

Only play on PvP
53%
Only play on PvE
29%
Play both
18%

Total votes: 34

Sin
Site Admin

Re: IF their was a PVE server I would... (POLL)

Post by Sin » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:47 pm

"Watered down" meaning PVP is a big aspect of the game. Hell, it's practically the main reason to have guilds in the first place. From guild hall sieges, Guild wars, fighting over raids; and solo content, who gets the runes, and gear, and it's where the colors shine. What's the point of blue on a PvE server? It's gotta be boring being a tank or a healer when nothing is going on but, while most people think of tanks and healers are raid only, it's been proven time and time again they're a force on the battlefield as well. I know you can duel but duel PVP and open field PVP are very different beats. It also the vast majority of content in the game. Despite the pathetic amount of stuff to do in CoP there was always a good number online.

I get the whole desire for a PvE server thing and I'm not even saying there shouldn't be (as much as I want to) but the game/server is going to lose important aspects on a pve server when a lot of things don't mean anything.
Current update: we've got some exterminators in Alpha
ETA 'til Beta: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

For now, come hang out at the Discord:
https://discord.gg/7K5bhsZ

Allanon

Post by Allanon » Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:28 pm

Brickwall... head....

I'm out of this conversation..... I've said my bit

Bye.

Crow

Post by Crow » Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:28 pm

There was never any balance on PVP server, most powerful guys/guilds always stick together and how you call that competitive environment is beyond my understanding.

Catching up with others was insane task, you and your pall go and spend hours camping some boss that drops rare runes only to end up camped on graveyard by whole guild full of maxed out morons. This was not rare occasions, it was usual state of affairs on PVP actually.
And then you see them complain on PVE and making fun of people when they don't see that they are killing competition on their own server instead of encouraging it.

Going to raids was impossible for small and new guilds, since pvp gods will time every spawn and camp you on graveyard while they finish with zone, or spend days in raid zone agroing mobs on each other.

If you need arguments you can only look at how newbies after few days spent on pvp will just move to pve and enjoy the gameplay instead of being raped for the amusement of the mighty pvp gods and laughed at for not being good as them.

So if how PVP functions do not change there is no reason for me to play it, i might drop by to see how things are going but thats about all.

Gemini

Post by Gemini » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:39 pm

Crow wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:28 pm
There was never any balance on PVP server, most powerful guys/guilds always stick together and how you call that competitive environment is beyond my understanding.

Catching up with others was insane task, you and your pall go and spend hours camping some boss that drops rare runes only to end up camped on graveyard by whole guild full of maxed out morons. This was not rare occasions, it was usual state of affairs on PVP actually.
And then you see them complain on PVE and making fun of people when they don't see that they are killing competition on their own server instead of encouraging it.

Going to raids was impossible for small and new guilds, since pvp gods will time every spawn and camp you on graveyard while they finish with zone, or spend days in raid zone agroing mobs on each other.

If you need arguments you can only look at how newbies after few days spent on pvp will just move to pve and enjoy the gameplay instead of being raped for the amusement of the mighty pvp gods and laughed at for not being good as them.

So if how PVP functions do not change there is no reason for me to play it, i might drop by to see how things are going but thats about all.
Crow makes a lot of good points and sadly I agree with him in the stance of not playing unless the state changes. As far as the argument goes, it has been done ever since Robin shut it down. I'm with Allanon: Continuing this argument is trivial.

Nacario

Post by Nacario » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:17 am

Crow makes good pts yes, while I still believe FFA pvp is what makes CoP what it was. No doubt more pvp restrictions or pve server will catet to the masses and generate more revenue. But i can only speak for myself, and most of the time i was in underdog guild and i enjoyed having to struggle for the food while spanking spoiled butts, Im here for the unique thrill of open world pvp with inventory-box-looting. There is sinply no better feeling :D
Former DarkRaven/Reaver, but now a new age and time for a new nick :P

shaddoe

Post by shaddoe » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:31 pm

I would hope that a pve server will be up soon. I really missed this game and only accidentally found this new page by clicking the old bookmark in my browser in a moment of nostalgia.
I would hope the new ownership would run a pvp server better than Rampid did but still have too many memories of the abusive behavior on the old pvp server to ever invest the time to make a char on a new one. Nothing like watching people you leveled up with hit 50 and be unable to leave the graveyard because 2 or more max geared jerks one hit them every time they tried to leave until they quit the game entirely, even less fun when you hit 50 and it happens to you.
I would play a pve server and invest money into the game but no way a pvp server, I do wish you luck though no matter what.

Zellgoddess

Post by Zellgoddess » Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:41 am

ok first off i would like to say hi, and the say i loved this game back in the day so much. i was one of the PvE server players i hope there will be a PvE server cause i'm looking forward to playing this again. if no PvE server then sadly i wont be able to play as i hate conflict.

if its due to splitting servers would make the the community too small for others to enjoy then there would be only one solution to that i can think of that would allow for only one server.

Make it so at Character creation you have to select one of 2 options: PvP or PvE. those who choose PvP will be locked in PvP status and probably should have something like name in red to signify they are PvP.

as selecting PvE it will mean you are locked in PvE only Status and cannot attack nor be attacked by any other player (and if the PvP players think its unfair that they should be the ones to bear pvp status you could alternatly leave pvp players normal and make PvE players names in green or blue to signify they are PvE only.

additionally you can set a NPC in game that a PvE player can talk to that lets them Permanently switch to PvP.

anyways just my thought on the matter i hope somthing turn out so i can play this game again, i miss my rick rolling, lmao.

Batrachos

Post by Batrachos » Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:20 am

Zellgoddess wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:41 am

Make it so at Character creation you have to select one of 2 options: PvP or PvE. those who choose PvP will be locked in PvP status and probably should have something like name in red to signify they are PvP.

additionally you can set a NPC in game that a PvE player can talk to that lets them Permanently switch to PvP.
I like both of these ideas. Maybe a skull/cross bones next to their overhead name and seen when selecting them.

And I think their should be a hefty cost added to go from PvE to PvP because you are progressing through the game under a much easier environment (don't get me wrong I'm more interested in PvE myself but I think this will make it more fair when you decide to take the dive into PvP)

Sin
Site Admin

Post by Sin » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:08 pm

Due to the under 20 PVP free rule, we had something like that and it was greatly exploited. All the guilds would leave someone low and naked in raid zones and around important spawns and attempt to freely steal and ruin raids for other guilds. If EDDL was raiding DT, EoE would port their guild into Cinder or other bosses and ambush us. I'm sure DL did it too but, ya know blind eyes and stuff...

Anyway, they put a level limit on a lot of place because of that and what to stop that from happening again with PvE status'ed players? Decent idea but it's gonna be exploited again? Unless you don't ever want to raid?

Zellgoddess

Post by Zellgoddess » Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:39 pm

that might not be easy to fix but that is fixable, first guild would need to be declared PvE or PvP as well. meaning those guild can only consist of those characters. the problem with that is it would take away from the game along the same lines as how having 2 different servers would have segregating the PvE players from the PvP players.

most modern games usually fix your problem with instanced zones and raids. which is not exactly do-able in this game given the nature of the games age. However you could just monitor the game a little better then the old game masters did. and simple correct the problem with jailing people who don't want to follow the rules.

If only we all could just get along.

Sin
Site Admin

Post by Sin » Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:43 am

That wouldn't solve anything. Savage "raids" were quite the spectacle back in the game due to the stuff I wrote above. You still couldn't fight over who gets to raid or get the shot at Blazo. The PvE guild still a chance to "steal" the spawn with no recourse. If the PvE guild was mad at the PvP guild (say because they never allowed them to raid or have Savage), then they could still aggro and port into DT and take a boss or two and/or aggro the mobs.

Zellgoddess

Post by Zellgoddess » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:08 am

i see you guys on the pvp server were some real characters for that kinda stuff. as for that the only recourse then is mandatory zone lock out to everyone but those who signed up for the raid. say a guild registers for a raid at a specific time then said guild would have the zone locked just for them for a specific time to do the raid after the time limit the zone unlocks and regular play resumes. if that is all possible in this game might not be. if not then yea there will have to be 2 separate servers i guess. which means in all likelihood there wont and i wont be playing.

Allanon

Post by Allanon » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:48 am

Zellgoddess there will almost certainly be a PVE server eventually, however for the relaunch there will only be the one and that will be PVP (Logistically this is the only sensible option), Us PVE'ers should still try to stick it out and join, because the larger the player numbers, the sooner the likelyhood of the PVE server re opening.

Zellgoddess

Post by Zellgoddess » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:41 am

ehh no, im not playing anywhere were there is open world pvp and i can be abused in such a manor. ill wait for a PvE server (or something along that lines) then ill play.

Allanon

Post by Allanon » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:09 am

Ok, but please stay with this website, so when a PVE server does become available, and is announced you don't miss out.We want you back :)

Ps: I sent you a PM.

MrLister

Post by MrLister » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:01 pm

Maybe not topic for this, but when can we expect CoP to be available for download?
P.S. I LOVE playing in PvP :)

Sin
Site Admin

Post by Sin » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:15 pm

No word yet. Closed beta hasn't started yet but the programmers are quickly knocking out the bugs alpha testers found. Flamewave no longer crashes the game!