IF their was a PVE server I would... (POLL)

Ask questions, share strategies, post experiences. Talk about Arder.

If there was a PvE server, I would

Only play on PvP
50%
Only play on PvE
30%
Play both
20%

Total votes: 40

Nub

IF their was a PVE server I would... (POLL)

Post by Nub » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:42 pm

The purpose of this poll is to measure the interest of the community in having a PVE server. This isn't meant to be a discussion about the pros/cons of having a PVE server but rather a means to gather player insight on how having a PVE server might impact their time spent if at all. If someone would like to make a thread to further discuss a PVE server feel free, use this data in your argument if you'd like.

Thank you for participating.

(before Sin merged the poll and discussion, the results were
19 votes
47% were PVP - 8
41% were PVE - 7
12% was both - 4
Don't ask for exact numbers, he's a bad person)

Atlas

PVE Server

Post by Atlas » Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:52 am

PVE server, if you guys want to voice your opinion's on having one or not having one. Do it here!

I think theirs definitely a PVE community, so having one with enough peeps, would definitely benefit the game's cash-flow and growth. Personally, I would play both, If I am pumped up I'll go kill some peeps team up with guildies, and take a couple of guild halls. If I am chilled out/afk for the day, I'll switch to PVE server and raid, camp spawns or talk to peeps in chat. +Raid boss timers were so long, it did make it nicer to possibly raid on another server. Both have their benefits.

It would also give people a break from being camped by me and instead of rage quitting they have another place to chill out and enjoy the game ;)

Gemini

Re: PVE Server

Post by Gemini » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:20 pm

Having a PVE server would be beneficial for cash flow, as Atlas pointed out, indeed. Sometimes one just wants to camp bosses without the risk of being ganked by another player or group of players. The old PVE server had such a sense of community, as I'm sure the PVP server had, that made things feel like it was more of a co-op game. This sense of community, as I'm sure we all remember,is what made the CoP what it was. If there were two servers I would probably focus on the PVE server, but as things got stale one can always move to the PVP server.

Allanon

Post by Allanon » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:33 pm

I for one am far more likely to spend £ on PVE server than PVP server. I can't see me spending my hard earned just for some .... one... to disrupt and/or ruin my game play just so they can have a laugh at my expense.

I understand the reasons for only having the one server to get the game fixed up and running but I hope It gets due consideration at the right time, I know a few players that will not even make accounts until there is a PVE server.

Allanon

Post by Allanon » Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:56 pm

Just something I looked into....

World of warcraft servers
117 PVE
106 PVP
23 RP

I was surprised by those figures tbh, as I expected there to be More PVP than PVE.

Sin
Site Admin

Post by Sin » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:15 pm

Honest question here; what's the point of spending money of PvE? You don't really get anything out of it. Spending money on PvP gives you a chance to fight back and get revenge on whoever killed you and allows you to be competitive with everyone else. I don't see much point in having the most HP, or doing the most damage, oro having the best gear if all you're gonna do it just look at it and not use it. On PvE there's no incentive, there's no point. Unless they limit players in raid zones, your going to be strong enough to take all of the bosses.
Gone.

Allanon

Post by Allanon » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:49 pm

A lot of players enjoy solo play at times(I myself am one of them) also smaller groups are able to raid if you have higher stats.... I was fully gemmed as were those I played along side.

Gemini

Post by Gemini » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:53 pm

That is a very legitimate question Sin. But to that I must ask my own question... You say that "Spending money on PvP gives you a chance to fight back and get revenge on whoever killed you and allows you to be competitive with everyone else." Are you implying that in order to have a chance to fight back one must spend money? And while you may not see a point in having the best stats or doing the best damage, some may strive for such goals. While those on a PVP server may have more opportunities to use their gear, as since they must fight the environment as well as fend off other players, it does not mean that the PVE players only get to simply, as you put it, "[...]just look at it and not use it". Spending money on PVE does include trading for gear and purchasing gems, which makes it so that we can conquer more and more difficult content. Also keep in mind that as the game launches and is revitalized, new content will come out eventually which will challenge its players using even the strongest of gear. CoP was in a drought of content for so long that people did not have to spend money on any form of upgrade because everyone was so powerful that content was easily completed.

Sin
Site Admin

Re: IF their was a PVE server I would... (POLL)

Post by Sin » Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:15 pm

The pay to win aspect was a terrible idea that is, seemingly, likely to go away. So that might not be an issue in the future.

And I hadn't thought of the content issue. We made the PvP the content: guild wars, hall sieges, ruining raid runs, etc. I can't really image what you guys on the PvE server did. "Well, we finished a CC run. What now?" "Uhhhh, go to bed?" What did you guys do? I'm sure you went to grind but once you reached the max level and gear, what was the point?

Also, how did you guys do hall sieges? Could you to begin with?
Gone.

Allanon

Post by Allanon » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:45 pm

Guild halls served little purpose TBH The resistance gear gained from them is purely a PVP thing, as are the sieges. On PVE other guilds could have halls.... wow imagine that....

PVE server was a lot younger than PVP server therefore only a few players had all the top gear, so there were always people in need of gear from CC, DT, PON, CP or castle. Only very few had sacred chest, so the grind for focusing crystals and gold(no one that I was aware of glitched gold) was always there.

Who knows it may of got a bit stale over time with no new content but PVE hadn't gotten to the saturation level of PVP (gear wise)

Gemini

Post by Gemini » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:10 pm

To add to Allanon's response, guild halls were also broken for a while, even leading up to the end. Guild halls would delete any items placed inside so there was no actual point in having them.

Atlas

Post by Atlas » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:08 pm

Well, the resist set was useful for duals but yeah other than that it was just something to collect..

As for guild halls on the pve server, their should been something like have other guilds able to buy mercenary bosses to seige a guild hall. If boss is not killed after set time guild hall is lost... bosses don't drop loot and vary on difficulty for the amount of gold or points spent to buy them.
Last edited by Atlas on Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yneos

Post by Yneos » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:17 pm

as of how COP stood before shutdown i would not play PVE server. The raids were not hard enough / strategic enough to require mass organization. I do however wish there were a way after an hour of battling for a rare spawn (dolbus) for all but one guild to get kicked out, as it wasn't even a war it was who could run with more mobs..... Perhaps a loss of experience upon death by monster. Worrying about deleveling would certainly put a stop to it.

Crow

Post by Crow » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:03 pm

PVE server was the best so yeah i would definitely camp on PVE.

Arron

Post by Arron » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:39 pm

I have always found that it is very difficult to play casually on a pvp server. There has been numerous times i have been just questing minding my own business just to be killed by someone higher level with better gear. Maybe have some type of function where you can turn pvp on if you want, and if you participate in pvp you are required to stay in pvp mode for a set amount of time so you can't turn it on kill someone then turn it off.

Arron

Post by Arron » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:41 pm

Gemini wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:10 pm
To add to Allanon's response, guild halls were also broken for a while, even leading up to the end. Guild halls would delete any items placed inside so there was no actual point in having them.
yea, i got accused of stealing the items due to this bug

Gemini

Post by Gemini » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:52 pm

Arron wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:41 pm
yea, i got accused of stealing the items due to this bug
Now that you mention it, I think I remember such accusations taking place.

Robinhood
Site Admin

Post by Robinhood » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:29 pm

Okay so I have read through, more like scanned through this post. There is a little validity in what everyone is saying however, At the end of the day it honestly falls all rather pve honestly serves its purpose. It very well does while the majority of the people here are pvp, there are a slew of people who only played pve, and some that play both. When game initially launches chances are until the game is big enough there wont be a pve server, however there will eventually be one. there are tons of people in the world that would rather play pve so If I get enough people to play both then why would I not? That's more money to help support and grow the game.

Nacario

Post by Nacario » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 am

CoP is already unique in terms of systems and experiences it offers. It would be a shame to water it down to two seperate servers. Its an open world with risk, and the community is already or wont be that large, better to have us stand together. I understand some have their issues against pvp without their consent, but this is where you should band up together for common cause, strenght in numbers, to work with your guild. How many mmorpgs out there neglects such experience, making us forget about that fun and progress comes in msny forms? We are here because we tire of the same old stale systems out there, and back in the day CoP had something which made us stick around.

I too was once a bird, an unpicked flower, discovering the marsh. Out of nowhere a guy i cannot recall but from the guild Darktide came at me and gave me a beating. He kept doing it over on occasion the weeks after, but even when my wings were broken I refused to fall, it gave inspiration and thrill during the hunt, the will for survival and adapting to your enemy. Same with the guild MDA back in the day, created as a response to unfairness, and we despite being underdogs, gave propper fight and entertainment. All possible due to the free, nearly boundless, systems we have in CoP. And even in death you still get to keep your gear, while you may have to run back to save inventoryitems, thats the beauty of it! The moral of the story is that we mustnt forget what CoP is and can be, why we miss the game in this day where mmorpgs follow the same safe lines, making us forget that you can make your own stories!
Former DarkRaven/Reaver, but now a new age and time for a new nick :P

Allanon

Post by Allanon » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:22 am

Why is it that most (not all) PVP players absolutely hate the idea of a PVE server. Other than losing a few easy marks(that wouldn't fight back(is that really so much fun)) it should make no difference to the PVP, in fact would arguably make PVP better as all players would be competitive.

Now I am a PVE player, that wants a PVE server, I have no problem with there being a PVP server, PVP guys and gals can have at it as far as I am concerned.

The main facts are. There are a lot of players (my wife included) that will NOT play on a PVP server, so adding a PVE server will not take them away, as they won't be there anyway. But what it will do is bring them to the game, A PVE server will add players to CoP, not take anything away(or "water it down").