IF their was a PVE server I would... (POLL)

Ask questions, share strategies, post experiences. Talk about Arder.

If there was a PvE server, I would

Only play on PvP
55%
Only play on PvE
24%
Play both
21%

Total votes: 29

Gemini

Re: IF their was a PVE server I would... (POLL)

Post by Gemini » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:10 pm

To add to Allanon's response, guild halls were also broken for a while, even leading up to the end. Guild halls would delete any items placed inside so there was no actual point in having them.

Atlas

Post by Atlas » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:08 pm

Well, the resist set was useful for duals but yeah other than that it was just something to collect..

As for guild halls on the pve server, their should been something like have other guilds able to buy mercenary bosses to seige a guild hall. If boss is not killed after set time guild hall is lost... bosses don't drop loot and vary on difficulty for the amount of gold or points spent to buy them.
Last edited by Atlas on Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yneos

Post by Yneos » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:17 pm

as of how COP stood before shutdown i would not play PVE server. The raids were not hard enough / strategic enough to require mass organization. I do however wish there were a way after an hour of battling for a rare spawn (dolbus) for all but one guild to get kicked out, as it wasn't even a war it was who could run with more mobs..... Perhaps a loss of experience upon death by monster. Worrying about deleveling would certainly put a stop to it.

Crow

Post by Crow » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:03 pm

PVE server was the best so yeah i would definitely camp on PVE.

Arron

Post by Arron » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:39 pm

I have always found that it is very difficult to play casually on a pvp server. There has been numerous times i have been just questing minding my own business just to be killed by someone higher level with better gear. Maybe have some type of function where you can turn pvp on if you want, and if you participate in pvp you are required to stay in pvp mode for a set amount of time so you can't turn it on kill someone then turn it off.

Arron

Post by Arron » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:41 pm

Gemini wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:10 pm
To add to Allanon's response, guild halls were also broken for a while, even leading up to the end. Guild halls would delete any items placed inside so there was no actual point in having them.
yea, i got accused of stealing the items due to this bug

Gemini

Post by Gemini » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:52 pm

Arron wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:41 pm
yea, i got accused of stealing the items due to this bug
Now that you mention it, I think I remember such accusations taking place.

Robinhood
Site Admin

Post by Robinhood » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:29 pm

Okay so I have read through, more like scanned through this post. There is a little validity in what everyone is saying however, At the end of the day it honestly falls all rather pve honestly serves its purpose. It very well does while the majority of the people here are pvp, there are a slew of people who only played pve, and some that play both. When game initially launches chances are until the game is big enough there wont be a pve server, however there will eventually be one. there are tons of people in the world that would rather play pve so If I get enough people to play both then why would I not? That's more money to help support and grow the game.

Nacario

Post by Nacario » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 am

CoP is already unique in terms of systems and experiences it offers. It would be a shame to water it down to two seperate servers. Its an open world with risk, and the community is already or wont be that large, better to have us stand together. I understand some have their issues against pvp without their consent, but this is where you should band up together for common cause, strenght in numbers, to work with your guild. How many mmorpgs out there neglects such experience, making us forget about that fun and progress comes in msny forms? We are here because we tire of the same old stale systems out there, and back in the day CoP had something which made us stick around.

I too was once a bird, an unpicked flower, discovering the marsh. Out of nowhere a guy i cannot recall but from the guild Darktide came at me and gave me a beating. He kept doing it over on occasion the weeks after, but even when my wings were broken I refused to fall, it gave inspiration and thrill during the hunt, the will for survival and adapting to your enemy. Same with the guild MDA back in the day, created as a response to unfairness, and we despite being underdogs, gave propper fight and entertainment. All possible due to the free, nearly boundless, systems we have in CoP. And even in death you still get to keep your gear, while you may have to run back to save inventoryitems, thats the beauty of it! The moral of the story is that we mustnt forget what CoP is and can be, why we miss the game in this day where mmorpgs follow the same safe lines, making us forget that you can make your own stories!
Former DarkRaven/Reaver, but now a new age and time for a new nick :P