CoP info

What you want to see.
CenCal

CoP info

Post by CenCal » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:56 pm

Hello, I am new to CoP, but an avid MMO player since Shadowbane in 2003.
Is there any info on game mechanics, character creation, character builds etc? I checked out the Wiki for CoP, not too much info there though. Any info appreciated.
Cheers

Sin
Site Admin

Re: CoP info

Post by Sin » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:37 pm

Right now, we're still waiting for alpha to pop. There's a lot of unfortunate programming issues with real life, as it often does, and it's interfering with stuff. Sadly the website is also backed-up for similar issues. Content does exist. just not up for reasons. Although that should be fixed real shortly. I'm trying to make that a priority, personally.

Feel free to ask questions you might have and I, or someone nearby, will happily help you. We all tend to like to brag about our specific game play styles and color combinations.
Current update: we've got some exterminators in Alpha
ETA 'til Beta: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

For now, come hang out at the Discord:
https://discord.gg/7K5bhsZ

CenCal

Post by CenCal » Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:48 am

Thanks for the reply. first question, what do the colors for each build represent? Black/White for instance. What are the advantage/disadvantages for the color combos? Would it be possible to get info on each color? IS there any crafting? Thanks....

Sin
Site Admin

Post by Sin » Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:46 pm

Going in reverse order:
There's no crafting. Some of the spells have crafting components or regents where you need components to cast them, like in D&D but you can't craft weapons, armor, and the like.

Red is fire and it probably has the higest DPS in the game. The downside is there's no CC and the utility/buff spells are limited.

Blue has decent power but is largely known for its CC (stuns) and the ability to teleport and go invisible. So if you like to screw with other players...

Green is for tanks. Its has no burst damage but it does have a few CC spells, a slow, and a root and what can feel like too many HP. When you go against these guys your not so much afraid of the player but of their pets.

White is for healing. Has limited attack spells but they're supposed to keep others alive and has some good buffs so you can expect that.

Black is kind of an all around color. It's probably why its so popular and/or OP depending on you ask. Got a lot of fire power, some painful debuffs, and can even heal themselves by stealing HP from the enemy.

How you use each color in a combo is up too you. How I would play a red/black is different from how a friend of mine would play it but certain combos have come to represent good in certain areas.

Black/White makes for the best healers as black has a spell that converts HP to mana for unlimited healing. Red/black are probably the best for raids. A lot of people say green/black (can you tell black might be OP yet?) might be the best for PvP but keep in mind the duel system, open field 1-on-1 PvP, and guild raids all have different tactics. Everyone says white/blue sucks. There's content being planned to help give certain combos more of a say in all areas so all of this might be subject to change once combo spells come out.

It turns out we do have good information on each spell so if you're curious what each school can do, head here:
http://crownsofpower.com/spell-schools.php
Current update: we've got some exterminators in Alpha
ETA 'til Beta: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

For now, come hang out at the Discord:
https://discord.gg/7K5bhsZ

Allanon

Post by Allanon » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:07 pm

Just to add to the above.

Tank: must be green, in any combination with any other colour.

Healer: White + Black. can also go Black + white (yes there is a (subtle) difference in both the play style and performance)

Any variation will give a different play style. Which colour to lead with and which is secondary can add quite a difference(even with the same 2 colours).

CenCal

Post by CenCal » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:14 pm

Thanks to Sin and Allanon for the game info. I will check out the different combos and spell lines. Cheers.