What you want to see.
daz3434

maps?

Post by daz3434 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:13 am

game needs an in game map.

Atlas

Re: maps?

Post by Atlas » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:30 am

unless we add bigger zones I don't think it's needed really...

Batrachos

Post by Batrachos » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:49 pm

IDK man, I'm a fan of game maps, if its feasible I think it would be nice to have.
Residential rookie

CIBIE

Post by CIBIE » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:35 pm

ingame map with auto-finder maybe ? will be good for new players cuz the old players can dream the maps.

Yneos

Post by Yneos » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:19 pm

didn't we have a LUA for mini map?

TooTruForYou

Post by TooTruForYou » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:53 am

Maybe for the new players, it would be pleasant. I am pretty sure us previous players know every single zone like the back of our hand. I know Helmstead like the back of my hand... But then again, who doesn't? Haha. I didn't have much time to take in a lot of the other stuff. Me being quite young when I played CoP. I never have been so excited and impatient for a game to release before in my life. Or rather, re-release. :lol:

FrostyWins

Post by FrostyWins » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:09 am

I have never built a game nor do I have experience with cartography so I have no professional opinion to offer on the subject however in game maps don't appear to be that difficult to implement. (Perhaps we can find a prebuilt game map maker idk if they even make those just brainstorming haha.) An in game map in my opinion would just be a beneficial feature to all players including old players like myself. Some examples of benefits to a map for players old and new would create more seamless gameplay for people questing or raiding as a group. An easier questing route and quest tracking system. If in depth map is made then the ability to denote loot bearing mob spawns that some players may never even be able to find or know about as there is no wowhead for CoP and from my experience rune dropping spawns weren't shared freely you either were in the know, you stalked big name players in dissim run, or you payed spent all or at least a large portion of the currency you have worked for to buy it from the select few who did know the spawn locations aswell as who drops what because you certainly couldn't go farm it yourself since you don't even know where to start farming at. By the way good luck affording said spells without being able to farm other spells to sell or buying points. A map would also help a new player stick around instead of quitting since he or she can see the ingame zones and get an idea for progression instead of being blind or worse stuck in a zone since you can't find your way to the next zone. (Bouldergrove to name one.) One final reason I can think to support an ingame map would be the fact that most other successful MMOs have maps why would we want our game to not have one? The only reason I can see for not implementing a map would be it's sheer difficulty or perhaps cost. Just my thoughts on a map.

~ Rallis
~ Rallis